Thursday, June 20, 2013

How To Make Hollyhock Dolls




My wonderful neighbor and her three darling daughters showed me how to make these little dolls! I thought they were just fabulous! It made me wish I had a daughter to share these with (even though I would never trade my son!) But I thought I would share them with all of you and your daughters, sisters, friends, nieces and neighbors! 

They are so simple to make, they would be so cute as a center piece for a little girls tea party. 


First, you (or someone you know) need a hollyhock plant that is in bloom. We cleaned off ours just to make these!


You will need one flower and one bud. The colors vary, and you can mix and match them! 


You will want to "peel" your bud. This will become the head of your little doll.


The bottom of your bud will have little holes in it. It is a bit hard to see in this picture.


You will want to make the stem of your flower pretty short, and you want to pinch off about 1/3 of the stem, this will be her neck. Then insert the "neck" into one of the holes on the bottom of the bud.


Now, you have adorable little fairy dolls. They are such a delight! I had so much fun watching my neighbor girls play together with these. They have such imagination!



Blessings! 
Ashley

The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.
Isaiah 40:8







No comments:

Post a Comment