Thursday, December 15, 2011

Indonesian Pasta

I found this recipe in a book a friend gave me for a wedding gift and it sounded good. I made it one night and Jon and I fell in love with it! We have it every other week if not every week! 
It's simple, it takes about 30 minutes to make and tastes SO yummy!!! 

If you try it I promise you will LOVE it too!

What you will need:



1/2 c. chicken broth
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. peanut butter
1 T. minced dried onions (I used fresh, works just as well!)
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. brown sugat
6 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta (I just use half a box... there is only two of us!)
18 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 sweet red pepper
2 t. olive oil
1/2 c. sliced green onions (optional)


I break my angel hair in half before cooking it. It makes it easier to eat, without all the slurping!



In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat; keep warm.



Cook Pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute  asparagus and red pepper in oil for 6-8 minutes. Optional: add green onions, saute for 2-3 minutes longer.



Drain pasta; toss with vegetable mixture and reserved sauce. Serves 4.



Even though there is only two of us, I really don't change the the recipe much. I use half the box of pasta, and a little less than two whole jalapenos, but other than that no change!  We love this meal!!! I cannot tell you how delicious it really is! You just have to try it!!!

-Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment