Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

This past week we went tree hunting! I have never been before, or at least not that I can remember... I remember having a real tree only once growing up. So this is among many of my new firsts since I married my wonderful husband on July 2. 

As an aspiring photographer I am continuously gleaning tips, from other blogs, magazine articles, and personal experience. This week I found one by my own mistakes! Oops! but there is almost always a way to fix whatever blooper you have in post processing.

This week, I found that before you actually take any pictures change the settings to capture the correct exposure. 

 What I should have done as soon as I stepped out of the truck with my camera is looked at my settings, and taken a test shot to make sure I had everything set right... but no, I didn't! And because what I was taking a shot of was happening so fast I didn't have time to change my settings and re-take the shot.
I ended up with this:


Ugg! The withe balance is off  and it's just so unaetheticly pleasing! So, I thought I would share with you all my new found wisdom; CHANGE YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE YOU TAKE THE SHOT!

BUT, there is hope! As I said, there is almost always a way to fix it in post processing!

I started with just darkening and deepening it... and got this, it's not as bad but it's not quite there:


So, when in doubt: Go B&W!:


Ahhh! Much better! That I can live with! 

Also, I thought I would introduce you to my husband's actual face now that you have seen his back! (He's really cute!)


I like him!

I also snapped a picture of my sister-in-law (SIL) J4 as she is referred to (all their names begin with J's so they have J1, J2, {J2, is my man}, J3 and J4).

She's a little doll!


Have a Happy Holiday season! and don't forget to spend some time with your loved ones during this special time of year!


-Ashley



No comments:

Post a Comment