Friday, April 26, 2013

One Thousand Gifts

Most of you have probably heard of, or read the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. It is such an encouraging book. It's more than just a book. It's a dare, "A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" as it says on the front of the book. It's all about being thankful for the little things God has given to us, finding joy in this moment that God has blessed us with. It's about eucharisteo, it's about thanksgiving, grace, and joy all wrapped into one. The way she writes is vibrant! Her words are convicting, piercing, uplifting. 

I have accepted her dare. I am logging one thousand gifts. I am a hunter of blessing. 
1- Salvation

2- A hard working husband


3- Arrow Sage

4- Baby wearing

8- Goofy baby smiles


12- God's Provision

25- New journals to fill with thankfulness


26- The ability to express gratefulness and thanks

These are just a few, of the gifts I have sought. But my adventure of seeking the joy found in thankfulness continues. 

You can find more on my blog's facebook page! 
https://www.facebook.com/EastEntrance

While you're there like my page!
Until next week,

Blessings-

-Ashley

Psalm 118: 24
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment