Monday, May 20, 2013

Why the Flats and Handwashing Challenge?- Day 1

For the next week I am trading in my 12 pocket diapers, 1 AI2, and 1 fitted:
(two pockets not pictured)


For 12 flats, 4 PUL covers, 1 wool cover, and 2 boingos 
(one flat, and one cover not pictures)


Why am I trading them? 

I decided to take part in the flats and handwashing challenge  hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry
This challenge lasts one week. It started this morning at the first diaper change. and will last until the last diaper change Sunday, May 26th. 



Why did I decide to do this? 
I chose to take the challenge, to learn. There are a few things I can learn from this challenge.
1- How to use another style of cloth diapers. All I have used, are pockets, and one fitted pocket. 
2- It's a great way to cloth diaper, if we go camping, or need to stay someplace we don't have access to a washer. 
3- How to make cloth diapers using everyday items. 
4- The many different ways to fold a flat diaper.

Also, we hope to one day live in Haiti, and I would like to have this experience, should I need it there.

I first found this challenge before I had Arrow. I was pregnant, and considered cloth briefly, then decided against it. When Arrow was about 5 months old I started to feeling like cloth was something that God wanted me to do. I still didn't want to. So I started doing a lot of research. I spent hours on the computer. Every time Arrow was napping, I searched for blogs and websites, anything about cloth diapers. The more I researched the more I wanted my baby in cloth. So I took the step, and bought 14 diapers. 



About three weeks ago I stumbled across the challenge again, and decided to take it! 



Blessings!
Ashley

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 
1 Corinthians 10:31





No comments:

Post a Comment