Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Perpetration for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge- Day 2


Let me start with a note to self:
*DON'T EVER USE A WOOL COVER OVER JUST A FLAT. USE A PUL COVER/FITTED UNDER THE WOOL!*
Now, I will explain; Since Arrow started sleeping through the night, he wakes up with a fairly dry diaper. However, I like using the wool overnight. So, I decided to stick with the spirit of the challenge and use my flats through the night. I chose the "jo" fold  and put an extra flat folded up in the front just in case. When we got up this morning, I placed him standing next to his activity table while I folded a fresh flat. Well, the boingos holding the flat in place had found their way loose, I look over at him, and the cover and flats are at his ankle and he peed on the floor, it was comical, but not something I want to repeat!


For this challenge I purchased:
12 flats- $29.90 (I also received a free cover with my flats.)
2 boingos- $ 4.69


Nicki's Diapers was running a deal on Imagine Baby flats. Buy 2- 6 packs and get a free Imagine baby products. Since I only had three other PUL covers I jumped on this deal. I had sold some fitted diapers, that didn't fit my little man well, on a Facebook Diaper swap and used the money from those diapers for the flats, I also bought boingos. I spent a little extra for the cute prints, but since the money was from diapers for diapers, and it was in my paypal already, I figured, I could spring for the extra, and I still had extra!

Other supplies:
My mom had given me a couple of bummis covers that she had left over. $0.00
I had bought the wool cover when I first bought all my cloth diapers. I thought it would be a great overnight leakage protection! (I was right!) $8.00
I had also purchased a used Bright Star cover a while ago to use over a fitted diaper we use overnight. $6.00
I have a plastic storage tote I plan to use to hand wash, though I may end up just putting in my bathtub stop.


He thought it was funny at first to wear the diaper cover on his head, but then I stared to take a picture and he got mad that I wouldn't give him my camera. 

I also just had to share this adorable picture with you!


I took it but my sister Leah of Mele Photography edited it!

Blessings!
Ashley


The wisest of women builds her house, but folly with her own hands tears it down

.
Proverbs 14:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment