Saturday, May 25, 2013

What is Working for Me?- Day 5


I want to talk about folds. There are endless ways to use a flat. One the reverse side of that there are endless things you can use as a flat... but that's not what I am talking about today, maybe tomorrow.

Just like, pockets, fitteds, AIO's and AI2's, and from brand to brand, some diapers just fit your baby better that others, and even baby to baby and your personal preference. It's all about what works for you, and your little one. That is the beauty of a flat there are so many ways to use the same flat, all you have to do is find which fold works for your baby. 

I personally LOVE the way to "jo" fold fits my baby man. None of the other folds seamed to be getting a good fit around his waist and legs. So, I thought, no big deal, I will just pad fold. Then I found the "jo" fold, and thought I would give it a try, I liked it, but I was still getting hung up on the boingos. 

Picture tutorial on the "jo" fold:


1- lay your flat on a flat surface, smooth it with your hands.
2- grab a corner, and pull to the middle, smooth the edge to make a crease 
3, 4, & 5- repeat steps two on the other corners


6 & 7- once step 5 has been completed you should have a square, tri-fold the square
8-choose an end and pull back the top layer and crease creating a wing.


9- take the next layer and fold out, crease, creating the other wing
10- fold top down to create a little "pocket" just in case poo goes up the back. this will help hold it in.
11- turn the diaper, so that the wings are at the top.
12- place baby (frog in my pics) so that the top of the diaper is about belly button height. 
13- fold the "rise" of the diaper up, and tuck the wings behind the rise.
14- pin, snappi, or boingo, the rise to the wings. 

I have boingos, at the start, I was having trouble figuring out the best way to use them, and struggling to get a good grip with them. My wiggly baby was any help there. Then I saw a picture someone who tucked the wings behind the rise, if you read one of  my previous posts I talked about this, there.


Here's my little man sitting on my beans in the garden! In his flat with our free cover!

Blessings!
Ashley


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10




No comments:

Post a Comment